Grass to garden -- what's the best approach?

I'll take squirrels any time. I can't believe anyone pays money to go to a circus and see high-wire tricks done by a bunch of wimps who need safety nets, when all they have to do is sit in the back yard and see squirrels defying all known laws of physics all day long. Amazing.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But, it *does* qualify as intent.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

once dog has finished having a dump dog owner can pick up poop in a plastic bag, take it home and throw under hedge as fertiliser. Streets stay clean, poop gets used as it should be (fertiliser) and hedge benefits from a nice feed once poop breaks down.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Huh? What a strange idea.

Dog owners knowingly walking the dog down the street, watching it dump a big pile of shit on the public footpath, and then then consciously proceeding along? Without even thinking of cleaning it up?

I'm sure that they don't even know that it happened. And they cannot be expected to deal with such esoteric ideas. Such as your personal, idiosyncratic displeasure with the dog shit piles.

I mean, really... Perhaps next you will suggest that cigarette smokers have some kind of responsibility or control over where their butts magically land?

Don't you comprehend? These things just "Happen" all by themselves. Haven't you ever heard that saying - "Shit Happens"?

You are so judgmental for implying otherwise.

Reply to
Usenet2007

Sometimes, they walk for 15 minutes and never realize their dog's crapping on someone else's lawn. I admit that it's confusing, since houses come in so many different colors and have different cars in the driveway. One's head can end up in a swirl of details, impossible to organize. How is one to know that they've left their own property? Perhaps some sort of electronic device, you know?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

LOL Oh good, Joe's got his sense of humor back The Seizure has past.........

Hey wait a minute, you might have a solution here: How about a long tether/leash for the Human. Attach little tags at the interval that each house occurs: Joe's house is 60' so the tag is RED-no potty here then at 120 feet, Sue's house-GREEN, potty OK BLUE might be Number 1 OK, Number 2 not ok etc. Yes life is difficult. I was about to send you a Gopher, so you could see what destruction it can cause While sitting on patio, watched entire Peruvian Scilla pulled underground. Bottom half of Cannas eaten. I think its a female about to become a mother. I can send you a few if you like. Now there's another solution: trained gopher pulls plant underground just as dog pees!

Emilie

Reply to
mleblanca

I have a better idea: People like me install a radio sender on their property. On the dog and its owner are shock collars, but with electrical properties identical to Tasers. If either creature gets with 12" of my property line, both creatures end up on the ground, unable to move. Any owner found without the shock collar is fined $1000.00. No checks, no credit cards. They go to jail until a friend or family member shows up with green cash money.

This would also get rid of those stupid 20 foot extendable leashes that some idiot invented. And, dogs owners would be trained to walk in the middle of the street. This would make dog walking so dangerous it might dissuade more people from having them as pets.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

(Sigh)

There I was, whinging about people leaving their dogs' shit-piles on the footpath.

And then, what did I see, right next to the footpath, less than a metre from the stairs to my place?

A used condom.

Savages.

At least I hope it didn't involve a dog.

And this is a decent suburb... grumble, grumble...

Reply to
Usenet2007

You can say this about any large or medium sized breed. According to your logic everyone in the city should stick to small yap yap dogs. I live in a very congested city area with no yard at all and have two BCs, one 11 and a new Blue Merle puppy. The nice thing about BCs is that since they are the smartest dog there is they can be trained easily and can adapt to their environment far easier than any other breed. With any breed of dog if the owner doesn't assert themselves as pack leader then the dog will have problems -- and BCs will especially have problems if the owner doesn't clamp down on them hard because then they think they can get away with things. Too many people treat their dogs like children and that's what causes problems -- not because they live in a congested city environment.

There are plenty of tasks for BCs to do in the city.

There are very few pure bred BCs at the pound or on petfinder.com (in fact there were none on petfinder.com the last I looked). BCs are very expensive dogs.

Reply to
Mark Anderson