garden pests

I am having a problem with crows. They are biting the heads off some of my flowers and playing with them. How do I get rid of them? I am on Vancouver Island in Canada. Any help would be great. Thanks

-- ken

------------------------------------------------------------------------ posted via

ken

I know scarecrows and plastic snakes DO NOT work. They just seem to make the crows more brazen. Yesterday I watched one pull the tip off of the radio antenna on my car. I couldn't scare it away.

Reply to
Sed5555

Hi Sed, My daughter's suggestions are: A) a pop gun or a cap gun B) tying aluminum pie plates around the yard. This works in our cherry tree. Keeps the buggers from getting free meals of the tree.

Reply to
J. Lane

1) Buy a cassette and pull the tape out of it. Run it around your garden area. When the wind blows, it will make a noise that will scare many birds off (including some crows). 2) As an added bonus, get a bunch of very shiny CDs -- the generic ones you buy online or in some stores will do. The key here is that they be shiny on both sides. Put those up around the garden as well -- as they move, the sun will reflect off their surface and scare the birds as well.

James

Reply to
JNJ

What century were you a kid in? A pop gun is an air type gun with a tethered cork that is shoved into the end of the barrel and goes " pop" when fired. A cap gun has a tape of spots of gunpowder, I guess, that is struck by the hammer of a play revolver. They are usually sold in Dollar Stores or other places that sell kids toys. The CD thing sounds great. Good way to use those annoying AOL ones.

Reply to
J. Lane