Garden Lighting

We still use a fire, but we brush the ice and snow off the grill before we start. Sometimes we take the food indoors to eat, unless we have a neighbor that gets up tight about outdoor light. Then we brush the ice and snow off the picnic table and eat there so we don't have the indoor lights shining out the windows of the house upsetting our neighbor. Sometimes we even take the Scouts camping in the middle of winter and eat and sleep under the stars.

Reply to
Mrs. Fricker

"..... But who wants to stand over a hot fire on a cold day?....."

Some people like toasted nuts.....

Reply to
David Hill

In article , Jim Voege writes

I also have to confess . . . I didn't notice the cross post either :)))

Reply to
Jane Ransom

Hehe. I guess in mid-summer you guys have to stay up pretty late to enjoy those stars.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Voege

In article , Jim Voege writes

In Scotland you hardly have time at all :(

Reply to
Jane Ransom

Hehe. I know what you mean. Some of my countrymen who live way, way up have literally no time at all.

Interesting growing season up there. So short. But so intense.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Voege

Yes!

Have trendy garden parties at night with all our friends!

Maybe if it looks nice

Doesn't really matter to me, we live in a town, we have street lights already, I don't think 5 or 6 low voltage lights are going to harm anyone!

Good on him for trying. Last area I lived in had street lights installed and burglary, assult and car theft fell by over 75%! To many people are stuck in the *dark ages* on things like this, only seeing the negatives, and not the benefits! Would you rather see the stars, or be safe walking at nights! Sure, it would be great to be able to do both, but thats not the world we live in is it!

Ben Swindon

Reply to
Ben Blackmore

Indeedy! I want to throw trendy parties with our friends, BBQ, cocktails etc. Its my fiancee 21st soon, and I plan to have the garden sorted so we can have a big bash for her!

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blackmore

Ah, that be my fault! I like to get as many views on a subject as possible! Posting to just the UK group would have meant missing out on other contries views, and they might have had a different product that I could order online to what we have here in the UK.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blackmore

Ben Blackmore13/4/04 8:49 snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com407bbbd9$0$14927$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.co m

You must live in a much warmer climate than most of us.

But unlikely to be a nightly habit, is it?

All that light pollution had to start somewhere.....

We're perfectly safe walking at night here, that's the point that made his request so ridiculous. This is a small Devonshire hamlet/village, not a suburban housing area. There is and was no need for permanent lighting. If we walk out at night we take torches and if we go further afield we go by car. If a car goes past our house after midnight it makes us wonder who's up that late!

Reply to
Sacha