Fertilizer for slow growing plants

That's a good one, how many yards after years of "educated" chemical use have "healthy soils"?

Composts can vary greatly and results like with tea can be mixed unless we can control the biological makeup. BTW we can do that to a point!

I'm not sure what that proves...that mycobacterium were present especially those that will infect humans...doesn't sound very balanced to me! :>)

It is a major tool in soil development, and as you know disease and insect suppression by natural methods are only possible with an eclectic approach.

Thomas

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Whadda joker.

Reply to
paghat

People who used chemicals do not have healthy soils. I made that clear. Hey, I am on your side.

Yes, I agree, but I also said "healthy" compost. So, what people should learn is who is making it, what is used, was it set up in wind rows, innoculated, etc.

In particluar, M. abesssus chelonae and it is associated with animal manure. My last house was built on someone's farm.

Of course, but as we know, people are lazy, lazy, lazy. Not only won't people take their kitchen waste to the pile, they won't HAVE a pile. They think it's dirty, disgusting, rotting, smells, you name it.

I remember on these boards and the boards of Prodigy way back in the

80s when Bargyla Rateaver was called a kook and a nutcase. She PROVED a root hair can uptake a whole molecule. I have her huge volume here. Because she published her own work, she was discounted. She dedicated her entire life to this work and was regarded as a nut.

I'm on your side, you know that. With aerobic tea, people simply won't make it and when they do, they are probably making it incorrectly so it's useless for their intentions. That, was my point, actually. Devil's advocate, so to speak.

Victoria

Reply to
Bourne Identity

How is setting up compost in wind rows important?

Reply to
Travis

It is the most effective way to culture the biology and manage the thermophilic processes needed to truly finish the compost.

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

BTW Why not trim your posts and not waste all the bandwidth...and make your questions easier to ferret out of the post?

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

When compost is set up that way, you can keep better track of moisture levels, temperature, etc. The wind row is then able to be turned onto the empty area next to it, each row having equal amounts of space and it is also used to keep track of which part of the compost is ready first, etc. There are many reasons for it's importance.

Victoria

Reply to
Bourne Identity

I thought the same thing, but decided bandwidth is probably a thing of the past! LOL. I should have read your response first and I would have wasted less.

Bourne Identity

Does one need to be more specific or is just saying "wind rows" let everyone know all they need to know.

Reply to
Travis

I could do that and if I did I would insert to let everyone know where I edited the post to which I am replying.

Reply to
Travis

I was using the term when making reference to finding a source of healthy compost. This method is used in commercial soil yards, not by most home gardeners. Tom is a professional grounds keeper for a rather elaborate garden, so he knew what I meant. I did think I explained it to you, though.

It's a much larger scale of having two compost bins so you can turn the compost over into the next bin.

Reply to
Bourne Identity