amusing safety warnings

I just picked up a hand operated grass shear. I planted some pepper plants in the front lawn and I needed something to trim aroun the plants.

Two safety warnings caught my eye......

Do not use while standing on a ladder. Guard against endangering people or property with falling debris.

If, when using a grass shear, I need a ladder or have to worry about falling debris!!!???!! Wow. :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric

I would say that if you need a ladder while cutting your grass then it's been too dang long since you mowed. And if it's THAT tall, it probably would kill somebody if it fell on them. They've got to take into consideration all the stupid twits out there.

Pat

Reply to
PatK

Eric wrote in news:42c9f6f9$0$72792 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.getnet.net:

There are many people out there these days that just can't wait to sue someone, for any reason at all.

Case in point: A couple days ago at the home depot where I worked, someone dropped a bottle of Pine-Sol, so per company policy, I gated the area off and had someone watch the area while I called about how to clean up the spill. When I came back the 'spotter' told me about a guy who moved the gate, walked down the isle and deliberately stepped into the spill, totally ignoring the person telling him that the isle was closed. When I confronted him about this, he said he wanted to see if it was slippery.....

Its times like this I am glad there is a camera down every isle.

Reply to
me