Feeding caught fish to chickens

That's interesting but why do you not want to eat fish under a bush or tree? :)

'enry VIII

Reply to
'enry VIII

Chickens will eat practically anything that doesn't eat them first. I've seen them chase down a mouse and swallow it whole, head first! Surprised me!

The thing about feeding them fish.. give them to them, let them have their way with them for a couple hours, and then anything left, put it in the ground. Remember the tale of Squanto and the pilgrims, he taught them to bury a fish below the hills they planted their corn in. It's a good high nitrogen fertilizer.

If you have time to toss the fish into a heat proof container with a bit of water and a lid and put it on the barbecue grill or a fire of any sort.. steam the fish first and the chickens will likely eat them bones and all as they'll be softer. It'll also kill any possible parasites the fish might have. Fish are intermediary hosts for liver flukes, and other things .. which is why I do not eat raw fish. No sushi for MEEEEEEE!!! (Yes, I know not all fish are hosts..but I don't know where they are, or what kind they are.. just thought I'd say that to stop the bandwagon before it got to those inclined to climb on! )

Janice

Reply to
Janice

Who cares what a rude idiot like you says or wants?

NO ONE!

Reply to
Hound Dog

Unless he is a much better fisherman than I, there will be no half-eaten fish in the chicken pen after an hour or less. Chickens are not known for leaving half-eaten delicacies laying around.

Ray

Reply to
Ray Drouillard

Thanks for the entertainment, guys. It isn't too often that we get to see some truly creative flamers go at it.

Reply to
Ray Drouillard

Cry little crybaby.

Nobody to change your poopy diapers?

You ain't worth chicken shit, dogdoo!

Reply to
Cereus-validus

"'enry VIII" wrote in news:fj6uc.19539$Ly.10519@attbi_s01:

I would not eat them in a plane,I would not eat them on a train.

Terri

Reply to
dogsnus

'enry VIII