Do you compost?

I was continuing your statement with another good thread example which was very recent. :p

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

Again on this note you asked much more, which was; > Does it work? How much work is it? How often are you supposed to turn it? > Do you keep it wet? Do you get enough compost to justify the work?

I think that's the whole point.. It's a pile of questions that most can be answered with a little web browsing. Personally I check several sites and gain info that way before I ask the group as I don't want to waste their time writing how-tos on things that are covered everywhere.

Now, take conflicting information however such as to wet the pile. Say some place says to wet it and some other says nothing of it.. Then I'd end up coming in and asking the group.

For what ever reason you keep shortening your question however, mayhaps in an attempt to make it seem that you did not originally ask so much. Really no clue, but whatever.

As for the answer to your short question.. Yes I do, and sure does.

If I may, I think Billy said it best in another reply when they said "You will reap what you sow". There's no point in coming back with such volatile replies.

At any rate, I digress, as this thread has turned into quite the fracas. However, I will agree that the canned spam reply to google or goto the library that many people are doing now is growing old.. Almost as bad as some replies to tree questions.. Almost.. ;)

Ok, enough rambling.. Compost, it's useful.. Toss in grass clippings and leaves in layers and be done with it. Have fun.. :)

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

If you read about composting at agricultural college web sites and find something slanted, please come here and warn us about it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hold your phone calls, folks. We have a winner!

ding, ding, ding .............

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote

I consider this and other topical groups to be DISCUSSION groups. Not dry how to lectures, or dissertations by the overly educated.

I come here to talk to people. Get a little information here and a little there. And to hear each person's individual experience and assessment.

Web browsing is important, too. And I do that on a regular basis. I have just found that it is so slanted that it is almost unbelievable. Example: I have googled for reviews of particular electronics devices that I KNOW are popular, and there are no reviews available. Either it's a bad product, and they don't post reviews, or there's no one actually doing the reviews and reporting them. Or there's just a couple of reviews, and they are so long and glowing that I suspect they were made up by someone in the marketing department.

Internet is just like the news. You can take what comes down the pipe and swallow it, or you can ask questions of people who've been there, done it, for a slightly more informative answer. I don't consider, "Look it up in Google, you lazy bum" to be an answer. At least not in a real time conversation.

And to those who consider us who don't know everything (as they do) to be a bother, there's always filters.

HTH

STeve

Reply to
SteveB

Why don't you just tell the op that you're a smartass and don't know anything?

Reply to
Gloria

AMEN!

Reply to
Gloria

The time that it has taken smartass to tell you all the noninformative stuff, he could have answered your questions ten times and if he didn't want to tell you if he composts and if it works for him and does he wet it, etc...he should have googled for something more interesting to do with his time.

Reply to
Gloria

Because it's not true. You know that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If teachers spoon fed your kids or grandkids instead of teaching them how to learn, you'd be bitching about it. Why make exceptions for adults?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The message from "JoeSpareBedroom" contains these words:

Unfortunately, exactly what many people today most want, is to be spoon fed predigested easy answers without having to work, think, or make decisions for themselves.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Actually she's merely patronizing you... Gloria could have practiced what she preached... but instead she used the opportunity to do what she apparently does best: kissy ass. And you fall all over yourself thanking and paying her homage. Oy

Reply to
Sheldon

That depends. How old are you, and did you ever have a teacher who wouldn't put up with bullshit like yours?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thank you. You are a jewel.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

Question: If I was to do this, would I be as smart as you some day?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Google is your friend. TONS of info on there....

Reply to
Phoon Hencman

Egos suck huh folks?

Reply to
A. Nalorafice

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but virtually everyone on usenet is anonymous, so assuming that any of us knows what we are talking about, or is telling the truth, is a badge of gullibility. I have it on good authority, for example, that cat daddy is actually Hillary Clinton, and who can believe what he/she says?

At least with a published book, or possibly with some credentialed web sites, you know who is giving the information; whether you want to believe it is another question. But certainly Wikipedia is rarely considered an accurate source, as in many cases, anyone with a bone to pick, or an urge to play games, can alter an article, making black seem white.

I read some newsgroups, and have found some valuable information, but I have always been careful to validate the information, or at least to apply what I know relevant to the issue to vet the information. As a retired lawyer, I read with amusement many of the postings on what are legal issues, and I would estimate that fewer than five percent of the postings are anywhere near accurate.

Certainly if you read a given group long enough, you can often judge whether a given poster knows something about a given subject, or whether they are just making noise.

So I think those who have posted that you should have done some research before posting a rather open-ended question were giving good advice. If you found conflicting information in your research, or were unable to find an answer to a specific question, that would be the time to use usenet, and we wouldn't have the spectacle of this lengthy thread that has so little relevant information.

Reply to
Not

"SteveB" expounded:

Steve, for the record, I understand what you want and agree with you. I've never understood the blind insistance to use google for everything. There's a wealth of knowledge here to draw on, and opinions, and yes, discussion, if you can find willing discussers. There are a few in this thread, but not many. :o(

Reply to
Ann

How many paragraphs are you willing to write before you feel put upon? Two? Nine? Eleven? Thirty?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom