dead heading flowers

This spring I planted candy tuft, pot of gold, and forget me nots. If I shear them off to dead head them, will it hurt the plants?

Reply to
styxx374

Put plugs in your ears to muffle their screams!!!

Why even bother?

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Plants like candytuft and pot of gold benefit from shearing back after bloom. It tidies them up and helps to keep the plants compact and not develop legginess. Forget-me-nots self seed with abandon and I simply pull them up after they bloom, avoiding the powdery mildew that will be sure to follow - more will appear next spring, without fail - you simply cannot get rid of them.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal