Crassula argentea

I understand there is a form with half yellow leaves.

Anyone?

Michael Buckner describes it in his slide presentation, which I missed!

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

That's Crassula ovata.

You probably mean C.ovata 'Hummel's Sunset'.

Cereus-validus.

Thank-you , yes, but wtf is with some sites, seemingly good collectors saying it's synonymous with agentea and even sometimes referring to C. portulacea 'Hummels Sunset'.

Apparently Buckner claimed there was some work done indicating it is not a cultivar but the result of a virus?

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

As they usually do, these good but not well informed collectors have their nomenclature ass backwards. Crassula ovata is the correct name for the species on the basis of priority as per Toelken's revision of the genus. Also see Rowley's Crassula book and Crassulaceae - Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants.

Crassula ovata 'Hummel's Sunset' and 'Tricolor' are chimeral variegates. Have Buckner cite his source that says otherwise.

Variegated cultivars can be virus induced. Just because they are cause by a virus, that does not mean they are not cultivars.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.

Thanks, I'm waiting to hear, I was hoping you had read something similar.

I'm confused by that statement, probably because I don't clearly understand the definition of cultivars!

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski