Container Plants, patio tubs & Pots - Planters

I have had past problems with my container plants drying out,

evaporation, over the last few years with this hot weather & with having to work during the day. I have tried the gel stuff etc but not much improvement.

This year I found a tubing unit that slips down the side of my bell pots & tubs. I tried one in each of them and I am highly delight with the outcome, plants have kept healthy (with an edge over the others). You water the topas normal and into the tube and this gets water to the lower part of the root system, simple but clever the tube allows water through the side of the tube not out th bottom.

Just like to share this with you all, I'm getting some more as xmas presents from the grandchildren...

I found these at

should you be interested.... Let me know what yo think of it - them

-- petee

Reply to
petee

Thanks! Those things look like they'd be very easy to make from PVC pipe. And I can see how they would do a great job at helping to keep plants moist in the hot summer months.

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte

Try my home-made potting mix. It wets easily, hold moisture without becoming soggy, drains well, and makes moisture available to roots until it is almost completely dry. No gadgets or special containers are needed.

See .

Reply to
David Ross

thanks David