Climber ID Please!

Hello everyone! I have this climber in my garden and I have no idea what it is called! It has coiled tendrils and 5 leaflets per leaf. I attach (hopefully) a photo. Thanks!

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: DSC09272.jpg | |Download:
theloonybin

Looks like a passionflower to me

sambucus

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

All of the passiflora/fpassionflower I am familiar have 3 lobed leaves Five leaflets sounds like Virginia Creeper/Woodbine. ( Parthenocissus.) climbs by small suction disks at the end of tendrils. Leaves are sawtoothed (serrate) mle

Reply to
mleblanca

That's what ours are, but the site above shows 5 lobes for a passiflora.

Reply to
Billy

To the OP: Those are not leaves with leaflets; the leaves on the vine are lobed. Specifically, each leaf is palmately lobed.

But the vine in the linked picture is a passionflower vine, with leaves that are varying from three to five lobes, glossy and smooth edged, and it's clinging with spiraled tendrils wrapped around strings.

You'll see similar leaf variability in the photos of passionflower vines that show up in the first few hits in a Google image search.

You didn't click the link...obviously.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Certainly not a Virginia Creeper. That is a common weed (yes weed, I don't care how much you were charged for yours) around here and that is one of the few plants that I can identify with absolute certainty on sight.

Reply to
John McGaw