Clematis

I have a 3 year old clematis armandii which was in good health until about 3 months ago. Now it appears to be dying. Most of its leaves and stems are withered and brown. Only one stem shows any sign of the new growth one might expect at this time of year. I have no idea what is wrong with it or what to do. Can anyone help??

Reply to
Clem

We have the same problem with a lavendar clematis(don't remember it's name). It bloomed furiously and beautifully and now 2/3 of the leaves are dead and brown. I think I read on a website that it is watering that causes a virus or fungus. Google clematis diseases, maybe the answer is there. Nanzi

Reply to
Nanzi

How's your weather been? And, is the plant well mulched? I've read that they like "cool feet".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom