Catnip in bloom

I didn't even realize it did that, but my catnip is in full bloom! Well full bloom is a strong word, actually it looks more like a huge collection of tiny purple flowers on the stems - but I'm still impressed by the sheer number of them on a single plant.

Does the flowering do anything to the plant, like make it lose its smell or die it off?

Reply to
Eigenvector

That sounds more like catmint rather than catnip. Is it about 3 feet tall (or more), or about 16 to 18 inches tall and growing in clumps?

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

"Eigenvector" expounded:

No, but it does produce prodigious quantities of seed, if you don't want *lots* of catnip, be sure to cut the plants down after they finish flowering.

Reply to
Ann

Actually I do want a ton of the stuff. So I guess I'll let it rip and see what happens.

Reply to
Eigenvector

"Eigenvector" expounded:

OK, but don't say I didn't warn you!