Can any plants co-exist with eucalyptus trees.

Is there a list, somewhere, that shows which plants can live underneath Eukes? Southern California. Most plants refuse to coexist with Eukes. I need to plant some shrubs or trees to cover up the burned trunks of several huge Eucalyptus trees. (Ground to 10')

Thanks

Reply to
Walter R.

Try other Australian natives like Grevillea Rosmarinifolia or perhaps some of the callistemons.

Reply to
FarmI

It depends on the species of Eucalyptus. I've seen Rhaphiolepis growing very close to E. ficifolia. I've also seen various plants doing well near E. citriodora. It's unlikely you will succeed in getting anything to grow near E. globulus or E. camaldulensis.

If the trunks were affected by fire, you might eventually lose the trees. Actual damage might not appear for a year or two.

Reply to
David E. Ross