Cactus and Weeds

Hi, We recently put some cactus in a rock landscaped yard and they are doing quite well. The problem is that there are weeds coming up and I am not sure if there is some type of weed control that won't disturb the cactus. Possible something organic? Thank you, Beverly

Reply to
Beverly

My personal method is to pull out the weeds by hand after a soaking rain. My second choice is to use a hoe. You could make a shroud from an empty plastic gallon jug, surround the weed, and spray it with RoundUp.

Reply to
Phisherman

I have also used my weed twister to pull out weeds lodged between thorny cacti and other plants. The weed twister from Ergonica has a coil width of about 2 inches. This allows for more precise weeding than with other tools such as hoes with wider blades. There are also a few other tools for weeding with precise dimensions.

Reply to
raycruzer

Yup. In my experience (Phoenix, 10a) there's nothing for it but pullin 'em up. Eventally they won't come back, but it takes a little patience.

Reply to
tenacity