Brrrrr

Well it was COLD this am. It has been in the 60-70 range the last few days, but last night was 33 F the coldest so far Add to that the fact that it was foggy and damp and it was definitely Cold. I guess that took care of the last tomato plant. ( We had the last toms for Thanksgiving) I have in the garden Lettuces, spinach, broccoli and onions. Only a tiny trace of rain, alas..................It did get up to 60 this pm for about 2 minutes! Emilie Nor Cal

Reply to
mleblanca

Hmmmm...

Well it was COLD this am. It has been in the 20-29 range the last few days, but last night was 17 F the coldest so far Add to that the fact that it was snowy and damp and it was definitely Cold. Last month took care of the last tomato plant. ( We got the last turkey in the store for Thanksgiving) Looking to next spring to grow Lettuces, spinach, broccoli and onions. Only a tiny trace of snow, alas..................It did get up to 29 this pm for about 2 minutes!

Enjoy Life ... Dan South East Michigan :)

Reply to
Dan L.

Dan seems to be very competitive with his adversities ;O) Me thinks that we need a gardening report from bungadora to put him in his place, otherwise I fear that we will soon be reading the account of his upbringing, which features him and his twenty siblings growing up in a shoe box, in the middle of an interstate, where he had to get up, half an hour before he went to bed, so that he could work twenty-eight hours a day, eight days a week, down at the mill, and when he got home his dad would cut into him with a bread knife, and then sing glory halleluja while dancing around his grave. So, Bungadora, if you be there, please put this up start in his place ;O)

Reply to
Billy

Brrrr ... Do you not know what cold is? I am jealous :) I am looking at 6 inches of snow and it does look cool. I can only dream about next year. You guys are still gardening :)

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

That is why the universe made house plants and forcing bulbs a way to keep the thumb green . And visions of growing plants danced in their heads a corruption of course. Hell with the sugarplums :))

Bill wondering what is a sugarplum. Looks like a goggle search for this ignorant guy.

Reply to
Bill

House plants ?????

That is something I have have not thought about. Perhaps house plants are of feminine in thinking. Where outdoor gardening are more masculine in thinking. To think of it, all of the outdoor garden shows that I know of are all males are the host. Victory Garden - male, Gardening Smart - male, cultivating life -male, P. Allen Smith - male (well maybe half male). House plants, hmmm... Martha Stewart?

I have always viewed Winter as the time for learning. Spring is the time for cleaning. Summer as the time of doing. Fall is the time for preserving. Winter is here, I am currently on chapter two of "Gardening: when it counts, by Steve Solomon" and "Anathem by Neal Stephenson (SciFi).

House plants - it maybe possible. First I will have to look very very deep into my soul and search and look for that feminine side if it is there :)

Shields Up ... Dan :)

Reply to
Dan L.