Bishop's Weed

I'm trying to get rid of a large (and getting larger) patch of Bishop's Weed along the back of my perennial bed. I've tried using Roundup but haven't had much success. I guess at this point I'm thinking of digging it out as it pops it's nasty little head through the earth and then camping out next summer with a gallon of Roundup. It's a shame...I really love the flower but it's worn out it's welcome.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff...without killing everything else!

Reply to
Jane

Your doing it. Roundup has no effect.

Reply to
Starlord

Well...the manual method works...to some extent! I spent 3 hours yesterday digging it all out of the perennial beds. It had even come up in the middle of my verbena! Nasty stuff! I'm just going to have to be vigilant this summer and chop it's little head off every time I see a leaf!

Today it's onto digging in a 3.8 bale of peat moss and about 400 lbs of compost...oh my aching back! I'll be looking for the Advil tonight!

It's a beautiful day here in Western NY...cool and sunny!! Perfect!

Reply to
Jane