Birds distroy too many plants in my garden!

My problem is Stellar Jays, who have eaten the petals off most of my flower s in my garden and I have also caught them eating some of my succulents as well. I have tried changing plants and flowers but it seems they will eat almost anything. Do sure what to do at this point

Sometimes full-sized models of birds of prey carefully placed can keep some birds away, particularly if you change their position from time to time.
Also, if you are pestered by one species of bird, intermittently playing a recording of its alarm call (maybe combined with a model of a raptor) can often disturb them enough to make them seek easier pickings elsewhere.
--

Jeff

On 7/20/2017 3:44 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:

Glancing at the species, I see they eat everything and I would not put out water which might make yard more attractive. If just a few birds, I'd be popping with my pellet gun or other methods to chase them off.

Frank is a dangerous dude who needs popping with 16 ga. bird shot.

Anybody critter stomping in my garden may be subject to lethal force.

Bird problem? The obvious solution is a hungry cat.
On 7/23/2017 8:30 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Some birds will actually attack a cat. That includes ravens, mockingbirds, and hummingbirds. Do not forget that a goose is a bird; a goose might kill a cat.
--
David Ross

<http://www.rossde.com/

So when, in this thread, were ravens, mockingbirds, hummingbirds, or geese mentioned?
On 7/24/2017 8:34 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

The topic of this thread is how birds destroy a garden and how to prevent that. Ravens and mockingbirds can be very destructive to a garden. At the minmum, they will steal fruit.
--
David Ross

<http://www.rossde.com/
On 7/24/2017 10:04 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

I forgot. In a larger garden, geese can also be very destructive.
--
David Ross

<http://www.rossde.com/
J. Clarke wrote:

They're all BIRDS, Dodo... are your misplaced commas bird droppings or are you a stuttering dodo?
The compact disc i think is easy and will be very effective.
about the cat.. ahhm.. i have a cat but she's even scared with rats. ahahah!
--
tonydimnick