Aquaculture tank combined with hydroponics bed

Came across this strange combination of an aquaculture tank combined with a hydroponics bed.

Its a neat idea, though too expensive. Has anyone here had experience with a system similar to this one? About the only type of fish/crustacea I like are seafood, so I guess that would limit me to growing sea vegetables with it.

I saw a homemade setup like this at my state fair this year, I'm betting one could build a tank and hydroponic bed for less than $200.

Reply to
DBB