Anyone have experience with the GARDENA Turbotrimmer accuCut?

I was at Home Depot yesterday here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and noticed this new trimmer they had on display:

is powered by a lithium ion battery. I had been set on the Black and Decker 18V grasshog cordless trimmer since it got good reviews, but being a battery freak I am interested in this lithium powered model. However I cannot find any reviews on this Gardena trimmer.

Anyone have any experience with it? It looks good however it uses blades instead of string which could be good or bad.

-Xoltri.

Reply to
xoltri

Here in Europe, Gardena products are expensive cult items. I used to figure that for that money, they are probably at least first rate quality. But I've come to change my mind on that.

I mean, the basic premise is that they're going to cleverly use plastic to solve old problems in new ways.

Unfortunately, plastic breaks. Especially for garden tools, which are exposed to UV radiation.

Sprayer heads last maybe 3 seasons. We bought an expensive Gardena brush to wash the car - but after 3 seasons, the soap gizmo broke, making the whole thing worthless.

Okay, nobody makes anything in brass anymore (usually). But if it's going to be in plastic, cheap should be cheap.

But that didn't have anything to do with your question.

It sounds like an awful lot of Lithium.

Reply to
Charles T. Smith

Reply to
dr-solo

Thanks for the honest opinions. I'll definately wait to see if I can find a review before I pick this up.

Reply to
xoltri