Anyone Getting Anything Good In?

Going out to Baker Creek Wednesday to get a variety of their heirloom seeds. Got a $50 gift cert to spend. Getting mostly maters and peppers, and am trying some new radishes, lettuces, and melons (damn raccoons!). Jere will try to talk me into some exotic root crops, and I will probably try one or two. Other stuff is mundane, but lots of landscaping and flower beds this year -- trellises, fences, arbors, etc. Seventy six degrees today and up to TWENTY FOUR inches of snow expected by noon Tuesday -- damn groundhog.

cheers

oz, setting up the seedling "tent" in the library.

Reply to
MajorOz

You sure you read or heard correctly?

agree with your tiredness of this winter, being on the other end of the state. It sucks here too. Ice played hell with the trees, and power early Dec. Lookin at a couple of inches of new snow tonite and the next week of cold again.

Crap.....just went outside for ...relief... and the freekin' ground is white again. Oh well, guess we must need it, eh?

Just completed my belated order to Rareseeds......gotta love Jere and all. Marvelous assortment of heirlooms from around the world. Good prices, good measure, good service.

Care Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

correctly?

> I agree with your tiredness of this winter, being on the other end of

The two feet of snow was what the guys said Sunday. Today they have pulled back and said ONLY 8-14 inches. It's already sleeting bullets outside. I just saw a hairy woodpecker at one of the feeders get zapped by a pellet. If you ever get a chance, come to Baker Creek (he is trying to popularize the name "Bakersville" now) on the first Sunday of the month. There are exhibits, schmoozing, and LOTS of music (may even hear me). Naturally, in the hotter months, there is more to do, but it is always worth the effort.

cheers

oz, sipping tea through gritted teeth while staring out the window

Reply to
MajorOz

Seems to me that this has been one of the longer winters in my memory. I know that we are all really tired of this and it looks to be cold all week. I was dreaming of planting lettuce last weekend, but that is on hold.

Looks like Jere is developing a nice place.....kinda reminds me a bit of the old Silver Dollar City. We haven't been there for about twenty years, though we went often from the mid sixties thru the early eighties.

Lovely and I were talking this evening about heading to Springfield for a few days this spring. We have a hankering for some throwed rolls. Been a few years.

Post it up when you intend to play. You gonna get yerself on the youtube with the other players? ;-)

Keep the ear flaps down, Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Springfield got all the snow. MO/AR border got really smacked. I got nuttin' but a bit of sleet and corn snow -- all melted already. Kinda disappointed, as I had the CC skis out and everything. Anyhow, off to BC tomorrow (after the dentist). Gonna try the "three sisters" this year: corn, beans, and squash all out of one hole. Any first Sunday is a good one for music.

cheers and maybe see ya there

oz

Reply to
MajorOz