ants on milkweed

I have a potted milkweed on my patio that has ants all over it. Will the ants eat any caterpillars I bring in from the garden? There will never be any eggs on it as the patio is screened. I just bring in a few caterpillars now and then for the kids. No aphids, at least for now.

Reply to
Deborah

You would need to get the ants identified to know what they may eat. Some do hunt meat others survive on sweets from plants/aphids.

Lar

Reply to
Lar