Amur Privet trained as topiary and standard

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

I am in Zone 5b and am puting down a amur privet hedge. I plan to trim it to become a formal hedge. I am also toying with the idea of creating a few topiary or even a standard small tree with the plant if possible. (I was told amur privet can grow up to 10 feet)

My question to the group is: given my climate and the species I am working with, how is the chance of succeeding ? I have seen all sort of topiary with yew, boxwood and confiers in my area but have never seen one with privet.

How long does it take to acheive some results? Ten years ?

Reply to
buywheels

replying to buywheels, Mia wrote: Privet grows VERY fast. I planted two, to turn into topiary last summer. It is now just May, one year later and they are already 3 feet high. Time to start the trimming.

Reply to
Mia