Akebia Vine Looks Awful After 35 days Without Rain

Saturday, 3 August, 2013 10:24 AM

I live in Surrey, British Columbia -- part of the Vancouver metropolitan area. My new akebia vine was looking lush and putting out lots of new growth in cloudy cool weather.

We have had 27 degree weather and full sun for the past 35 days (81 degrees Fahrenheit). The plant is getting lots of water. It gets about 4 and half hours of sun a day and sits against a garden shed.

I'm guessing that it doesn't like full sun. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks, Radiodays

Reply to
Radiodays

Probably. It's a climber that likes to scramble through trees, so "partial shade" would suit it best. Can you plant something in front of it which will give it some shade and through which it can climb?

Reply to
Jeff Layman