after overstepping polite boundaries

After overstepping polite boundaries with Cereoid and TOTALLY misunderstanding an attack I thought was aimed at me, I have come to the conclusion that I need to just sit here and keep my mouth shut. I will continue to post random updates on the fairies and flowers and such, but until I learn to discern between remarks made directly TO me I need to just lurk for awhile. It won't last long. I can never hold my tongue for long and I love talking to you guys way too much. But as Zhan put it so well yesterday, Cereoid's attack wasn't aimed at me. I feel like a horses ass. :(

I hope Cereoid will forgive me my sharp tongue yesterday and move past this. If I've hurt his feelings with the crap I said, I deeply apologize. I need to thicken my skin and realize not all attacks are directed towards me. Or few attacks are directed towards me. I dunno. Things here are a bit intense. I need to go back outsid and pull vinca major. I removed about a garden cart full of it out of the western end of the front beds yesterday that made me get into the middle of the bed and stand on the raised soil. and I didn't get it all. I need to get back out there while the soil is soft and wet and yielding from the freezes we've had with my dandelion digger and really remove those wads of vinca. From everywhere but one spot.

My most heart felt apologies Cereoid for my misunderstandings. madgardener up on the cold and rainy ridge in Eastern Tennessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Reply to
madgardener

Mad, you sweet goofball. ;-)

I avoided the GardenWeb posts entirely, knowing full well how my beloved Cereoid would respond to any discussion of the evil Spike and his website.

You are wonderful, marvelous, terrific and endearing, and I'm sure that darling Cereoid's spines have protected him quite well against your barbs.

I started some seeds yesterday; cannot wait until they begin sprouting. I need something to chase the winter blues away, so hurry up with your next random fairy update.

Callen >

Reply to
Callen Molenda

yep, that'd be me..............>g<

I am continually learning. I find Garden Web intriguing. And I was serious about starting a new forum of wreck garden refugee's for just flitting about and saying hi. It'd be kinda nice to see someone familar there to chat with, I like the way the reply format is set up. think we could convince about 30 or so regular friends to come over and sign up for the website? I'm sure there would be some here that decided not to visit, but it'd be like opening up the kitchen door and inviting friends in.........hmmmm I think I'll just do that. Make a new forum and title it Welcome to the kitchen and gardens of Madgardener, or maybe Fairy Holler...........yep, decided. I'm gonna post a welcome mat and make a new forum entitled Welcome to Fairy Holler........(I'll write that book yet)

Lets hope so. I don't want to offend anyone. unless I'm out to do so

one is up and coming Callen. thanks for hollering back. ((hug)) Maddie>

Reply to
madgardener

If you start it on Gardenweb it won't last beyond Spikey's first fit of pique at something he dislikes. He's an officious jerk.

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

Reply to
madgardener

There is such a list where many wreck garden users have gone to get away from this place where people do not treat each other with kindness and respect. Many people moved over to a mail list called Gardens & Gardening. Over 500 users from around the world. Everyone is allowed to post. Everyone is allowed to agree to disagree, but no one is allowed to call others names or try and humiliate them. You can read more about this list at:

are welcome and encouraged to join. But be advised, you could potentially receive up to 150 emails a day. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Kindest Regards,

Janet

Reply to
Janet Bledsoe

You won't be told or asked to leave; you will be arbitrarily forced to. That's how Spikey works. He redirects anything you send to GW to the Disney site.

He is master of his domain, so to speak.

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

Reply to
madgardener

It is exactly what I said, the Disney Co. website. If Spikey decides you are persona non grata in his fiefdom, any time you try to access GW you will be automatically redirected to the Disney website.

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

Reply to
madgardener

One clarification. I should have said--if Spikey bans you, you will be able to look at GW postings, but you will not be able to post anything without being sent to Disney.

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

Reply to
LanscpHort

Got you speechless, eh dude?

If Spike was honest and called his so-called GardenWeb what it really is "SpamWeb", people would be leaves his autocratic little kingdom in droves!!! Members of GardenWeb get tons of unsolicited Spam. There's nothing polite about that. Spike wants suckers that kiss his butt and never complain.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

i regged with gw more than i yr ago, using a webmail address. there's hardly any mail in the spam folder.

Reply to
LanscpHort

I believe that the process used by Spike Hernandez at Gardenweb t "dump" people he has banned from the forums to a Disney websit violates Disney's use of its web site and copyright. If you have bee banned by Gardenweb and dumped to the Disney web site, report thi abuse to this email address:

snipped-for-privacy@disney.com

All correspondence to Disney is kept strictly confidential

- plantlover99

----------------------------------------------------------------------- posted via

plantlover999

Reply to
madgardener

I don't see the problem.

It is a civil forum run the way the administrator wants it - its his game, if you don't like the rules, don't play.

Have there been examples of the moderators acting inconsistently, or not giving people the chance to respond to criticism? If so, I'd say that was imprudent, but it is still his game to run as he sees fit - if he does it too arbitrarily, he'll deter participation.

Reply to
Bill Spohn

A sure sign of a little martinet like that is when the owner of a message board feels the need to keep reminding people "This is MY message board!". When you keep seeing messages like that from the owner, it's a sign that somebody has an ego in desperate need of stroking. I recently left a message board that I had been on for years because it changed hands and ended up in the hands of a little man with a big ego problem. (snip)

Reply to
The Watcher

some great words snipped, pruned and whacked for space>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the impressive Paggers espounder elloquently and she and others are the reason I remain here more often than visiting GardenWeb.........that and who has time to read all the posts to all those forums? I visit the Tennessee forum on occaison and found my Golden Hanaii sanseveria thru their Sanseveria forum, and made some neat friends, but I have love and respect for the regulars and loonies over here too. that is after all why I am the madgardener

.paghat.com

Reply to
madgardener

I also belong to the banned from the Garden Web forum and sent on a trip to Disney land because he (spike and his little net nannies) did not wholeheartly agree whith a post I made in regards to service and parts as provided by one of his sponsors.

Spike is one of those clowns who if he does not get his way will take his ball and go home. So welcome to the Banned from GW Club, your certainly not alone or in the minority on this by any means. MAtter of fact a new forum has been started a few months back and is rapidly growing everyday, and its comprised of the majority of folks Spike himself banned from GW Its mainly geared to L & G Tractors , lawns and such but also has landscapeing and planting etc forums as well.

check it out at:

my website:
expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy