92 degrees...

...at 6:00 PM, when I finally dragged myself out from behind the fan to do some needed transplantation; sweat running down mon visage. Got too dark t o finish; out this morning at 6:00 a.m. to get them in the ground and hope they'll will be OK. Sun doesn't hit that area until afternoon..

After [censored] years in this mild, Mediterranean climate, with maybe a br ief "hot spell" in August, we are having killer heat and humidity weeks at a time. (But of course global warming is a hoax...)

If it's bad here, I can imagine what David Ross, on the other side of the m ountain, must be going through. Unless he has AC, which many homes in the San Fernando Valley and inland So. Calif must have.

Don't want to think of the next water bill...

And maybe have to pull up every water-needing plant to deal w/Calif drought . Some houses in the neighborhood are way ahead of me; years ago they took ad vantage of City's subsidy for switching to xeriscaping.

Sigh!

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

September is always the hottest month in southern California. Today was the fourth consecutive day with temperatures exceeding 100F. Sunday, it reached 105F; but today beat that with 106F. The record here over the past nine years is 110F on 3 September 2007. Strangely, the record low over the same period was in the same year: 32F on the night of 13-14 January 2007.

This morning, I did three hours outdoors as a docent at Gardens of the World in a slightly different micro-climate. The other two docents that shift complained of feeling ill because of the heat. It hit 98F before the 1:00pm end of our shift.

Reply to
David E. Ross