Subject Author Posted Replies

Quality Low Voltage Landscape Lighting ?
Does anyone here know of a high quality brand for low voltage landscape lighting ? I have tried and tried fixtures from the big box stores , but they are very cheap and seldom last more than one year....
6
6

Weed Crusade!
Hi all, first time posting (and my first garden too!) so hope I have the right section for this query. I took the garden over from the previous owners of the house and everything looked fine over...
5
5

Little Eagles
http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9479342&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0

Ants and Aphids
Hi all, I have a big problem that I hope you can help me with. I have just moved to a new home (up in north Wales) and have a nice back garden, so planed to start growing stuff. I brought a pear tree...
8
8

Cherry Tree Woes
I have noted that the leaves of our one year old cherry tree are being attacked by something that is eating them and leaving holes behind. I have attached a photograph that demonstrates the problem. I...
4
4

need several vine crop ideas for along fence
I have a chain link fence that runs along the south side of our property. I sprayed the grass with roundup, in order to do some sort of slightly raised bed there and grow something. My original...
4
4

The Perfect Greenhouse
I had a polycarbonate one for about 4 year years. It worked well until the walls started to crack and became cloudy. It was constructed so that if one piece popped out you had to unscrew several of...
1
1

Garden Myths
Here's link to an article by Paul Rodman (anybody know if he's OK?) in Dave's Garden. http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3708/HB

Grass Seed On Top Of Rocks!? WHAT THE HECK!?
So I am out working in my yard today, and my 76 year old male neighbor comes outside, and he starts sprinkling grass seed all over his treebelt. The problem is, his treebelt is completely covered in...
11
11

Animal Resistant Ground Cover for Base of Photinia
I have installed a hedge of Photinia Red Tip into a mound of earth, trying to get the height up a little bit. The mound will erode if left uncovered. What would be an attractive ground cover to help...
4
4

Identify these cuttings?
Hi we added these cuttings from a friend's garden. I wonder if anyone can identify them? We'd like to know what they are so we can their care etc Thanks James...
1
1

Is There An Easy Way To Plant Seeds Quickly Without The Digging Or Tilling?
Yes, there is! There are seeds on the market today that allow you to plant a garden without digging or tilling! A new breed of seed known as Drop & Grow SeedBallz=99 are made of fertilizer, clay and...
4
4

preparing soil under old concrete shed base
Hi Ive just broken up a concrete shed base (around 1.5m x 3m) and want to use the soil underneath for planting. Obvioulsy the act of breaking up the concrete has meant that a lot of concrete rubble...
1
1

Some eagle pics (OT)
These pics are drifting away from gardening but those who like wild things will enjoy anyway. I have a neighbour who swears one of these flew by and dropped a small (dead) white dog. I have another...
8
8

Flower or weed game..
Zone 5b Southern Ontario Canada Former home owners were British so they may or may not have transplanted them here... 2 photos for each possible weed 1st one: one: Any help identifying would be...
8
8