Quality Low Voltage Landscape Lighting ?

Does anyone here know of a high quality brand for low voltage landscape lighting ? I have tried and tried fixtures from the big box stores , but they are very cheap and seldom last more than one year.

I have not tried any led low voltage lights because I don't want the bluish, garish look they cast.

Any tips on quality brands ??

Thanks !!

James

Reply to
James

Funny, when I was making led lights, I searched around for some good buys. Found an intermatic metal stake light. I paid like $10-$15 each. I know the standard lights burn out frequently. LEDs are available in warm white, that you would be pleased with. Unfortunately, most do have a bluish color. Look for 3000 degrees or less. 2700 is ideal, of course they do make excellent color types. It was a DIY project, not for the average person. And of course, bought assemblies are probably going to cost at least $30 minimum each. Another option is rope lights. They do sell waterproof led rope lights, and you can buy dimmers. They are pretty bright, and I have a warm white set I just bought. Mine are not waterproof, but can be cut at each

3rd light, to make individual sets. Mine are going t o be used under cabinet, and emergency, effect lighting. That's also for the DIY. If I find an example of led lights, I'll post it here.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

From amazon. Look below for 20 watt spike, add led replacement, less than $20 each set. Need outdoor 12 volt timer.

gregz

Try a lamp store, which is where I got mine some 5 years ago. I have also seen sturdy fixtures at a store that specializes in lawn and garden hardware (primarily irrigation systems, no plants).

Buy fixtures that are metal and glass without any plastic.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Assuming you are willing to pay for it, commercial lighting is probably going to be the best choice. Something that might be used for an office building for example.

Reply to
PeterD

Thanks for all replies, including this link from Gregg. I see that this light uses the same tiny pin bulbs and socket, and I have found this to be the weakest part of the dozens of fixtures that I have bought over the last ten years...

I am certain some company makes quality 12 volt lights that are far superior to the junk found in Home Depot and Lowe's....

Aga>> Does anyone here know of a high quality brand for low voltage landscape

> Greg

Reply to
James

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Reply to
dr-solo