Subject Author Posted Replies

Treating houseplants before bring them indoors
How do you treat your houseplants that have been outdoors all summer?
11
11

Trimming houseplants
I brought all my houseplants inside for the winter (zone 5) and they are huge. Can I trim them back because I don't have the room to keep them all? Thanks Lori
16
16

Planning perennial border along driveway.
I'm about to complete my first year as a gardener... at my new house in central NJ.. For a first timer I thought I did a decent job. I started a bed of Hostas along the fence in the backyard.. I also...
6
6

oliver tree problem
Hi, we have a olive tree in the front lawn. It does not look good. The leaf is yellow and falling. And part of tree is totally bold. I do not know what the problem is. Could anyone help? I have some...
5
5

fall planting of clematis?
I just bought a half price snow queen clematis in a pot. The woman at the nursery told me that I could plant it now (I live in Zone 5, Pittsburgh, Pa) and that it would die back and bloom again in the...
2
2

RoundUp and Monkey grass
I have thoroughly sprayed RoundUp onto monkey grass that is growing out-of-bounds. I have already sprayed it 6-7 times in the past 2 weeks, yet it is still green. The last 3 times I mixed the RoundUp...
35
35

OT: Factcheck
This is a good site to check on the boasts/promises/lies/spin emitted by the presidential candidates. Without fear or favor, on a nonpartisan basis, Factcheck analyzes their statements and writings....

Coleus plants
Last spring I bought several Coleus plants. Thru the summer they got pretty tall and bushy. How does winter effect them? We live in the Inland Empire of Southern Calif. and freezing temps and frosts...
8
8

Using a Container to Chop Dry Leaves
This afternoon I filled a fifty gal. plastic pickle barrel with packed dry leaves and stuck a weed whacker into them. Took about thirty seconds to chop them. I expected them to fly out the barrel, but...
33
33

Household Compost Activator.....was: Leaf Mold, Do Tell..
Ok, it's a slow night and in the process of rethinking my soil structure building, I came across this part of an article. The main website is chockablock full of great ideas and projects for our...
2
2

tree seeds in green bean like growths
I collected a long "green bean" like thing with seeds in it, germinated nearly all of the seeds, and am now trying to grow this tree in my sunroom. Would some kind soul who knows trees tell me the...
5
5

Lawn sweeper
Anyone ever try one of these gadgets? Any success with it? this link doesn't work for some reason, try search for lawn sweeper) Thanks in advance! Jo Ann http://www.tiny.cc/Og4m9
12
12

Mid-October this year
It's been a mild October so far, the morning glories are going nuts out there, I love the Heavenly Blue blossoms, and they last all day with this damp drizzly weather we're having. The pineapple sage...
2
2

Choosing Shrubs in a Garden Design - The Importance of Leaf Texture
When it comes to deciding which shrub varieties to plant in the garden, the task can seem almost overwhelming, especially for the home amateur gardener. The reason for this no doubt stems from the...

Opinion on hanging a swing
Ok.. I know some of you will wrinkle your nose at putting a swing in a tree but still need the info. What do you think the better method is for attaching a swing to a tree. 1> Looped rope over the...
10
10