Subject Author Posted Replies

Plant / Flower Identification
See if this works for the picture. Sorry! Image Hosting, Image Upload, Picture Hosting
3
3

Pine cones keep kitty out of flower beds
If neighborhood cats or other critters are digging in your flower beds, try this neat tip from reader Nancy Jones: "I have tried something I read about to help keep the neighbors' seven cats out of my...
11
11

Ailing Eucalyptus Gunnii
Hi, I recently bought a Eucalyptus Gunnii from a local florist where I was buying my daughter some flowers. Being transplanted from Australia myself, I couldn't leave the poor sick thing languishing...
1
1

Question about fertilizing
I have several raised gardens and will be planting soon. My question is, should i till the fertilizer into the soil so that it impregnates the entire 11 inch depth of the soil or is it best to layer...
2
2

Gardena - infested?
A potted gardena has white sticky stuff on it. It has the right light and water. This plant was very healthy and even had blooms. I took it outside when this stuff first showed up and washed it off,...
3
3

Hardy Kiwi......Any Experience Growing From Seed?
I've ordered Hardy Kiwi seed and wonder if anyone has grown them and any recommendations. Charlie
27
27

Virgin gardener needs container veg help!
Hi all, Ok, so after abandoning the garden last year I am determined to impress my husband with my, as yet, unknown gardening skills! I live in the south of uk and the containers will be quite...
10
10

covering a stucco wall
Hi I'm trying to figure out the best way to cover my stucco balcony with something green and alive. I put up some creeping fig vines, but there's still more balcony to fill. I was thinking some kind...
6
6

OT (but important): From March 2008 Bee Culture
This is a little exerpt from an article written by Kim Flottum about the First National Beekeeper's Conference held in Sacramento this past January. If any of you have seen the 60 Minutes piece on...
5
5

Anyone Tried This?
This has likely been discussed and I've found some theoretical and anecdotal evidence online, about using diapers in containers for their water retention properties. Have any of youse done this and...
7
7

Shrub ID?
I have been looking for another plant to attract humminbirds and noticed the one in the photos at the following link: from the photos, here is what I know about the plant: It is in Zone 9a and has...
19
19

raspberries
I am in Milwaukee, next to the lake and zone 5ish. It is a Milwaukee "thing" to have raspberries in the back yard. I have a great spot at our rental. Lots of sun. great drainage. I just dont know what...
11
11

Club Root Control
I have an allotment on which I intend to grow cabbages. Is there anything you can get to prevent clubroot? All the Garden Centres that I ask tell me that most products habe had to be withdrawn.
1
1

dead shrubs
Help. All of a sudden my ceanothus of 8 years has suddenly died and also my Berberis Darwinnii they were both next to each other. My neighbour has been chopping down his trees but the rather large...

Attn Ann: Need Agent Help
I've inadvertantly hit some key combo and killed the ability of the arrow keys to scroll/move thru text...all they will do is move the window up/down left/right. Forte Agent 1.93/32.576 English...
18
18