Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermometer with High and Low suitable to handle water?
I once had one filled with mercury that moved little metal pointers. I know HG is out but would like to have similar info. This with out electricity. Dreaming. Anything exist? Bill Ps While trying to...
7
7

Interesting Saved Seed Thing
This winter I came across a container of Figaro Sweet Italian Pimento seed that I had saved, with out any care, ten years ago. They had been prepared and stored carelessly. Still had chunks of flesh...

Tilling a lawn
Hello all. I have a question about tilling a lawn. I am in the process of tilling my lawn, and want to make sure I am doing it right. I just tilled up a patch about 15 feet by 10, just to get used to...
3
3

Be aware of growth regulated plants
I usually post this every year to notify people who buy annuals like Impatiens or even Petunia's to carefully look at the plants and the size of the foliage. If it looks smaller than it should look,...
8
8

Only 10 virgins??
Sorry, just could not resist this wonderful piece by a Saudi cleric, posted on the Web site of Enough to make a guy convert... or...? Diogenes =================================================== "When...
2
2

Soil for Herb garden
just got done with the frame for a raise garden. Now I need to pull down soil. I do have access to cow manure from a friend cow.
1
1

Backyard Landscape Design - anyone interested?
I just recently purchased a new house in a new subdivision and it has no landscaping (besides a parkway tree provided by the builder). I have a plat of the land and was wondering if anyone would be...
1
1

Books
A kind poster said I directed him/her to "Omnivore's Dilemma" and "Teaming with Microbes" and is enjoying the former and preparing to read the later. "Teaming with Microbes" is important in...
9
9

IT'S ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <GBSEG>
Howdy!! Maddie here........just checking in briefly with my gardening fence buddies to let ya'll know I'm alive and partially well now living in Greeneville, Tennessee just 38 miles northeast of where...
2
2

Ideal Plant To Grown Along Top Of Fence
Due to constant high winds in the winters we have had to reduce the height of our dividing rear garden fence to about 5' (it was originally 6') and now when out in the garden I feel that my privacy is...
5
5

Deer resistant plants can keep critters at bay
However much you like wildlife, it can be disheartening to see deer and other critters munching away on plants to which you have devoted so much of your time and money. If you see this as a potential...

Chusan fan palm / Trachycarpus fortunei - problems!
I bought some seedlings (approx. 20cm with 1-4 leaves) but now the leaves are starting to shrink and fold into a thin spine (collapsing?)!! Have anyone tried this before? They are growing in small...
1
1

Most Excellant Garden Day....On Topic
The temp today reached 75F! Yeehaw!! Went out and picked up a half-ton each of mushroom compost and composted cow poo...for 35 bucks. On the way home, I scored a bale of old straw that someone set out...
24
24

How often do you water your Calathea in terms of TIME not soil dryness?
I have a Calathea plant, how often should I water it? Non in terms of whether or not the soil is dry, I don't want to keep sticking my finger in the soil. How often do you water your Calatheas? I'll...
2
2

Maintenance free mediterranian garden help please. I know nothing.............
Where are you located? North-facing "lot of shade" limits it of course, how much sun does it get? Any vertical limits - would a taller tree or vine get more sun? J.
2
2