3 year old apple trees not producing any more

What would really help is if you tell us what variety of apple these are, and on what kind of rootstock (dwarf, semi-dwarf, or standard).

Sherw> Jangchub wrote:

Reply to
sherwindu

Just thumbing through my apple inventory book I came across 'Rosthern 18', 'Parkland', and 'Vista Bella', all hardy to Zone 2. I'm sure there are more, but I think you should get my point. TIA lives in Alberta Provence where they grow lots of apples. Here is a reference to the Fruit Growers Society of Alberta, where they have a fruit orchard with over 50 varieties of apples.

You might want to check your facts next time.

Sherw> TG wrote:

Reply to
sherwindu

Zone 2, in shade, and perhaps the soil is even clay and stays cold for a long time in spring. Once it is so marginal, it takes little to stop producing.

Reply to
simy1

Until he tells us which variety he is growing, we can draw no conclusions.

simy1 wrote:

Reply to
sherwindu

I'll try and find out, the labels are faded on the older trees, but I think I still have the newer ones.

Lots of people grow apple trees up here, and the nurseries are usually pretty carefull only to sell varieties that will grow in this zone.

sherw> Until he tells us which variety he is grow>

Reply to
TG