Subject Author Posted Replies

Rooting Rose Cuttings?
I want to try to root cuttings of a rose from someone else's garden (with permission), a rose that is no longer available commercially. The question is: what type of cutting is most likely to be...
4
4

Orchid "forest"
I received 3 Trader Joe-type orchids for my birthday party, and would like to combine them in one container for a sort of orchid "forest". Have never dealt with orchids before, so wonder if my plan is...
24
24

lift pins
We are the best shopping website for buying composting items like compots,compottop,metal stakes,lift pin,small composters and in ground composters.

Would you like a visit from The Instant Gardener?
The BBC are looking for gardens of outside spaces in need of a bit of an instant makeover. Whether your garden is wild and overgrown, a total blank canvas or you want help with a specific dream...

Hedge ideas - windy location, acidic soil, mild climate
We would like to plant a hedge next to the road on our property. It doesn't need to be a very big hedge. It is under a pine tree, so the soil is quite acidic with lots of pine needles. Next to/On top...
10
10

"Natural" pesticide
Exciting new Israeli development to avoid using chemical pesticides. HB EdenShield’s GateKeeper, developed in Israel, kept nearly 100 percent of crop-destroying pests out of greenhouses — without...

homemade compost bin
We provide the best composter to our customers for home composting,organic composting and teach them how to compost with composting videos.
1
1

"Acid" oranges?
Follow-up to "Six Oranges". Saved for ritual tasting by visiting family. One reported "acidic". Why?! I water & feed them regularly; they get plenty of sun; good soil. My heart is broken. Any...
11
11

composting bins
We provide the best composter to our customers for home composting,organic composting and teach them how to compost with composting videos.

Little Lucy Okra
I'm looking for seeds of "Little Lucy" okra. If anyone has any they could share or trade please reply or email me. Major catalogs do not carry anymore. Thank you so much!
4
4

Garden door installation
Hey guys, I stay at Toronto, I had a small garden behind my house which was recently renovated to a larger one but then as there are snakes and such animals crawling into the garden it has been a...

Six Oranges
Golden globes hanging on my dwarf Washington. Several fallen off because theysplit (why?) but I keep exhorting the survivors to hang in there just two more weeks till my children arrive from New York...
17
17

HAPPY HOLIDAYS...
...to the (mostly) nicest group of people on Usenet. May the New Year be good to you, your families, and your plants. HB
1
1

Cold ... for Southern California
This morning, I saw frost on my neighbors' roofs as late as 8:30am. "Winter chill" is the number of hous the termperature is at or below 45F. I generally measure from 1 November to 31 March. The...
15
15

Coffee Grounds Question
How can one use coffee grounds in garden? I can get quite a lot of coffee grounds from Starbucks, about 5 Gallon pail a day if I can use it. I have a 1500 Sq Foot vegetable garden and I live in...
5
5