Subject Author Posted Replies

fox deterent
We have recently started putting down coffee grounds to try deterring foxes, especially where they dig under our fence. I can't say yet whether it is being effective, although no foxes have been in...
1
1

Trash Fish Make Good Fertilizer
We have a lot of carp in our river here. I guess some people eat them but they are mostly considered a trash fish and not very good table fare. These fish in our river can grow to 4 foot long or...

Help with Heron please!
Hi, I am new to gardenBanter through desperation at losing all my fish (30+) to a Heron. We have a decoy - obviously useless! but wondered if anyone has had success with anything else? We want to...
19
19

Tiered strawberries
I am thinking of putting a pyramid in my yard to grow strawberries. I would like a 1meter x 1meter box to form the base, and decrease it by about .4 meters with each tier. I know I will need a variety...
1
1

Tree Types For A Boggy Soil.....
Good Evening! Thanks for taking the time to read my post this evening. My wife and I are doing major overhaul of our garden - one aspect that I want to change is to give us a bit of privacy, so I am...
8
8

University Project Survey
Please help with my survey on Garden Tools Hi all, As part of my Degree course i am looking to build a full interchangeable garden tool set however i need to collect som information from gardeners to...
1
1

Blackcurrants
Hi again, On 13/03/2011 I wrote the following: " I bought a blackcurrant bush from a garden centre last November. It was in a pot, and before I planted it, I pruned the three branches to about two...
1
1

WET BACKS
My Resident Wet Backs: http://i55.tinypic.com/28sy4c7.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/ivvo05.jpghttp://i51.tinypic.com/32zq1s5.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/2rwxdsx.jpg
5
5

What is Java Interface Definition Language (IDL) ?
A set of Java APIs that provide CORBA (Common Object Request Broker Architecture) interoperability and connectivity capabilities for the J2EE platform. These capabilities enable J2EE applications to...
1
1

Red Tailed Hawk
http://www.livestream.com/nytnestcam
2
2

glyphosate
I bought some off brand "roundup" and it doesn't like to stick onto what I spray, it beads up and runs off. Is it OK to add a little dishwashing detergent to the mix? I have found before that that...
3
3

What¹s On My Food?
Again. Thanks to chatnoir for pointing me to this site. ¹s On My Food? is a searchable database designed to make the public problem of pesticide exposure visible and more understandable. How does...

Lavender
I live in zone 5, and wonder how I should treat Lavender before the season starts....do I need to cut back last years growth? Thanks
8
8

Post Hole Digger And Dry Farming Tomatoes This Season
This year I'll be trying an experiment in a portion of my tomato garden. Instead of double digging the whole patch, I'll simply use a post hole digger and dig down about two and a half foot deep where...
25
25

Bell peppers, red, green, yellow, purple?
If you can pick any pepper when it's green and if any pepper will ripen to a different color then why would I buy a pepper that is called "red" "yellow" etc. I guess my question is can I get more red...
2
2