Subject Author Posted Replies

Morning LGory
Why do I have so much plant and not so many flowers? MJ
8
8

About grass
It doesn't degrade fast enough, who wants everlasting cow pats and constipated horses? If you want a serious answer you have to tell us what you want to do with it and the circumstances. Asking is it...
5
5

What kind of flowers are these?
I live in the Denver area and while out driving today, saw some amazing flowers they were growing on a parkway. They were small yellow flowers in a kind of conical vertical spray shape, about a foot...
3
3

spraying around junipers
Hi, I have a hillside full of little juniper pacificas, which were planted with one of those antiweed tarps, and then mulched. We had a big hailstorm and the tarp got several minor knicks in it...
5
5

tomato leaves turning brown
One of my topsy turvy plants the leaves are turning brown from the outside of leaves going towards the middle. Its not the older leaves but almost all at once. Is it because of temp changes. We went...
4
4

potato peels
a page with two links to pictures of what happens to potato peels when buried in moist dirt (filled with rotting veggy and fruit scraps, plus plenty of worms) for several months. songbird
1
1

Potatoes blooming - how long to harvest?
I have a 50 foot long bed of potatoes. They are growing well, but they have started to bloom. Is there any kind of a rule of thumb for how long from blossoms to harvest? They have never bloomed so...
7
7

Help identify this houseplant I've had three years
Hello I was left this houseplant by an ex, and it doesn't seem to like any location I keep it in - leaves often go yellow. I've giving it to my Mum as she is much better with plants. She has checked...
4
4

OT September Eternal now has binaries
On another news group there was an OT mentioning that those use September Eternal as their usenet news provider, now has a few binaries. One is "". So we can post pictures now :)

some more recent pics
[slightly edited from a different post to a different newsfroupus] birdfoot trefoil, you can see the signature "birdsfoot" near the center of the picture. birdsfoot trefoil and alfalfa, with the...

String trimmer replacement heads
I have a 2 cycle gas string trimmer. I finally wore out the bang-on-the-ground string trimmer head. Pretty much fell apart from being smashed on the ground to get it to feed new string, which it...
23
23

Asparagus
Over the past 25 or so years seeds from my Asparagus patch have blown over to various spots where conditions were right for them to germinate. Only one place has survived due to harsh conditions such...
7
7

Chili Peppers
hey, i have some Bhut Jolokia seeds sitting at home which i forgot about. If i start germinating them now (16 June) and keep them in a greenhouse will they die before they fruit? + i live in London....
5
5

What is this growth near my Rose?
I took a shot of the pot my rose is in, with a strange flaky growth. [image: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photo%20May%2029%2C%204%2012%2028%20PM.jpeg?w=68c2b4ae
1
1

Help, I planted tomatoes without dolamite that seems needed
I'm using the cheaper version of earth boxes(doubled 5 galon buckets) They self water. But lately temps in 90's they have been getting watered from the top and when first planted got side dressed with...
2
2