Help, I planted tomatoes without dolamite that seems needed

I'm using the cheaper version of earth boxes(doubled 5 galon buckets) They self water. But lately temps in 90's they have been getting watered from the top and when first planted got side dressed with fertilizer just for toms n peprs. they have also had compost tea (a purchased product) since I'm knew at this I had no compost in my yard. I totally forgot about the dolamite

So here's my problem, they are putting on flowers but the plants look as if they are getting too much heat or something... the leaves that looked green and pretty full look kinda fried and they aren't growing any taller in past week. I read about them needing calcium/magnesium or dolamite. They have been moved to try to protect them from the worst heat n sun.

Any suggestions

Reply to
ackeiyword

g'day,

i don't understand the method being used to grow the tomatos?

we always grow ours in the ground.

but if they are getting plenty of waer and not too much then i can't see that water is any issued, as for the heat, i can't say asso far i don't know how much sun they get teh ehat itself if they are somewaht shaded should not affect them, wegrow ours in full summer sun up to the high 30c's.

not sure either how it was determined that dolomite was needed, was there a soil test done to determine level of PH?

if dolomite is needed then dissolve required amount of dolomie (dolomite has an application rate) in water and water the plants with that solution.

they will need sun in the morning to say around 9 or 10 am.

snipped

Reply to
gardenlen

Don't know what your problem is. Calcium is needed to prevent blossom end rot. I toss a hand full of limestone sold for lawn use into my pots every year. It's been very hot here in my part of the US but tomatoes look great and I expect first ripe ones in a couple of weeks.

Reply to
Frank