How Do I Get a Gas Fireplace Removed?

You'll probably need to call a company like Amerigas about the propane, both the tank and the gas may be theirs and can only be collected by them. After that, just call an HVAC guy or company to have the fireplace removed along with any piping or wiring.

- The HVAC technicians can give you the best recommendations on the Mini-Split manufacturers, as they only fix the bad ones on a regular basis. Good ones are maintenance free for at least 10-years...beyond hosing off the outdoor condenser box's internal fins whenever debris is noticed.

- Once that's all figured out and whatever replacement is installed, you'll need a Skilled Handyman, Mason or Carpenter to get the building and room back to the fireplace never having existed. Selling the fireplace is probably not an option (outside of a Metal Recycling Center that you take it to), as safety regulations have likely changed since its manufacture...just have the HVAC guy or company haul it away.

Reply to
Anonymous

We just moved into a home that has a Florida room. It's the best room for our kids' toys and play except that it is heated in the Winter by a gas fireplace. The sellers filled the propane tank right before they sold it so we need it pumped before tank can be removed. Is that the best plan? The sellers seem to have cut a space into the wall for the fireplace (?!). Is it worth trying to sell the fireplace or is it basically unusable and needing to be hauled away? Also, does anybody have recommendations for ductless HVAC units? Any tips on dealing with the situation? Thanks!

Reply to
Anonymous