Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Predatory Nematodes
Anyone in the group use them?
7
7

NadR
Are you around NadR? I don't recall seeing any posts from you since before we went to Sth America.
4
4

uhoh
i suspect i shall have a surplus of soybeans. yesterday was the first chance i'd had to start shelling the harvest. the first paper bag full came in over 5lbs (i think my whole harvest last year was...
22
22

garlic: small cloves?
A lot of our soft-neck garlic has reasonable-sized (for us, anyway) heads, but the cloves seem smaller and more numerous than past years.. Our hard-neck, grown in the same bed, is normal, or maybe...
5
5

Pine nuts.
I ate a few pine nuts off my backyard tree. Two years in a row. No big deal. I found some in Giant Eagle a couple weeks ago. And put them in the car as a snack. A few days in a row I ate an ounce or...
8
8

I'm new too
I am new at gardening too. The internet is great for looking up anything to find useful information
6
6

New here hello
Just wanted to say hello Im a newbie. I love gardening, our pond, and my allotment and have a window sill of Orchids
3
3

Seed Starting
Can you start seeds in Floral Block? The green stuff that they use in arrangements to keep the stems wet. I am having a hard time finding a medium for seed in my Aero Garden and I am too cheep to buy...
6
6

Ping David H-S reply
I know this looks silly but I only caught this question by accident as it was threaded to some stuff of 5 months ago, so I have brought it up to date as a new thread. Maybe OE is having another hissy...
4
4

Ping David H-S
What's happening in your garden David. Have you got your tomatoes in yet? Here we don't plant them till we know who won the Cup but I put in a few protected by plastic sleeves a week or so prior to...

BC Bud
CAn anybody tell me just how much sunlight and other secrets it takes to grow BC bud quality marijuana?
5
5

Why is this corn still green?
Someone in the neighborhood puts out corn for some critters and the squirrels carefully buried it all over the place. This year, lots of that corn sprouted and some of the neighbors allowed some of it...
1
1

Which Green Manure
Hi I am looking at overwintering my plots with a green manure. I tried this a couple of years ago. I found however that when it came to digging it into the soil it was very difficult, and it kept...
2
2

No hijacks here ........... bug repellent
In another thread, there's mention of making a hot pepper insecticide. Since it wouldn't kill the insects, but just get them to leave the plant alone, does that make it an insecticide which "cide"...
10
10

Hot Pepper Insecticide
Does anyone have the instructions for making the stuff. Right now I have couple of cups of Jalapeno tops, seeds and some membranes and it just occurred to me that they could be turned into an...
7
7