Wild grape question

Ouch :-( You have my sympathy. As one who does not fare well when exposed to poison ivy I am very alert when dealing with untended areas of our property. When I spot the nasty stuff I have hubby yank it - he took the shots as a kid and can practically roll in it with no effect. I just have to remind him to scrub down afterwards ;-)

Reply to
PhoenixWench

Ow. Thanks for the warning! To date, Poison Ivy has never made an appearance in my yard and I've never been affected by it when wandering in the "wild".

I know I'm immune to poison oak, but I'd rather not take chances.

Reply to
Omelet

Sounds good! This weeks smoke came out well. I did it over more mimosa and a little bit of mesquite. I also made my first batch of Liverwurst using a modified recipe from Rytek Kutas. It's the gods. :-) I'm trying to eat more organ meats for health reasons and I like liver sausage better than plain liver. Heart, I like as is but I brined and smoked some a couple of weeks ago and it came out almost like lean bacon. ;-d My Canadian Bacon experiment has been a complete success...

This is fun!

Ob gardening: The only crops I'm growing this year (other than herbs) are Sunflower Sprouts on my kitchen windowsill. Water is just too expensive, especially during this very bad and long drought.

The beauty of sprouts is that they are ready to harvest in 5 to 7 days. Very satisfying as an edible crop that way. :-)

Reply to
Omelet