Why no veggies ??

Well I am really bummed. We have beautiful 18" high corn with tassles and no ears of corn. Beautiful leaves on the radishes but no radish blubs under ground. Gorgeous zuccinni vines and flowers but it never set on any zuccinni. HELP please.

Kathy

Reply to
Kathy

As far as the corn and radishes is concerned it sounds like a fertilizer or nutrient imbalance. Get a soilo test now and maybe that will help. Vegetable gardens like a 5-10--10 foryoue type of vrops. Squash bears seperate male and female flowers usually pollinated by bees-no bees no fruit unless you pollinate by hand

Reply to
Frankhartx

I agree with Frank; it sounds like you have a serious nutrient imbalance. A professional soil test would be your next step.

Where are you located? In most US states, your best bet for soil testing would be the state Cooperative Extension Service.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Well, 18" is pretty short corn. If one of my corn plants only gets that tall, it doesn't produce corn either. How tall is your variety of corn supposed to get? If radishes are planted too close together they often go to seed without making an edible radish. (did you thin them?... or at least plant them sparse enough that most aren't crowded?) The same happens if you grow them during warm weather, even if not crowded. Have yours sprouted up to produce flower buds or actual flowers? If so, it's to late. Plant more if you still have a month of frost free weather. Zucchini have both male and female flowers. Female flowers have a small zucchini already formed at the base. Are you getting both kinds of flowers? The first several flowers tend to be male only. If you are definitely getting female flowers, go out in the morning and pick one of the male flowers. Peel off the petals and use the remaining "paint brush" to pollinate any open female flowers.

Steve ... > Well I am really bummed. We have beautiful 18" high corn with tassles and no

Reply to
Steve

consistent with both P and K deficiency, but decent N. Of course, no boron will stop the zucchini, though I know of nothing that will stop a root from forming except P (lack thereof). You will have to get a comprehensive soil test.

Reply to
simy1

sounds like maybe everything except pollinating was ok and your garden bolted (grew to fast)

Reply to
Carol Hill