Use for old corn (recipe)

I never knew what to do when the corn got old and started getting tuff. Thanks to my wife who hails from Central America, I have a great use. We make chorreadas: Pick and husk the corn, cut the corn off the cob and either grind in a hand grinder (traditional method) or process in a food processor till it is quite smooth. Mix in a bit of salt. Drop largish spoonfuls into a medium hot greased pan and cook. For me it works out to 3 minutes on the first side and two minutes on the second side. you will need to experiment to get it right. We like to eat them with cheese, and I think sour cream would be good also. I hope at least one of you tries this; they are pretty darn tasty. Ken.

All incoming and outgoing mail scanned using Norton Anti Virus, by the shores of beautiful Puget Sound.

Reply to
Kenneth D. Schillinger