Snails galore

Emery board?..does that work?..are we talking like sandpaper stuff? I missed the post on it.

Reply to
The Guy

I haven't seen another post on it. I'm not sure it would work. You need something with "splinters" in it. I visualize emery board as just a lot of "lumps."

The splinters in mulch and rough lumber is what tears them up, not simply the rough texture. I also think the cost of emery boards (even sandpaper) for repelling slugs would be prohibitive given the cheaper alternatives.

..

Reply to
cloud dreamer

Likewise we have problems with slugs (mainly) and snails.

We bought several dustbins for growing potatoes in and had the lids spare. Have left these on the ground.

Every now and then we light the brazier and go around lifting the lids. Clearing our loadds of the pests and burning them now.

Reply to
Steve Newport