Seedless Watermelon pollination

Can the pollinator for seedless watermelons be any seeded watermelon? How about cantaloupe? cucumber?

Reply to
H Hornblower

I was told that watermelons are able to pollinate them selves. They get male and female flowers, and bees/bugs do it for you. I got tired of waiting so I used a "q" tip a couple of times. I had melons, but I dont know if it was me or nature that got them to come on.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne

Seedless watermelons require a seeded variety to be planted nearby for pollination. When I've bought these seeds the packet always contains both the seedless and seeded varieties.

Reply to
H Hornblower

Seedless watermelons require a seeded cultivar planted among them. Unless you buy seeds from a supplier to commercial growers, the packet will contain a afew of a seeded cultivar. It has to be a watermelon, cantaloupes, cukes etc don't work.

Reply to
FarmerDill