Seed source: licorice mint ?

We used to have a licorice mint plant. Its leaves had a wonderful taste, and it (surprise!) wasn't even invasive. It has died, and I haven't found anywhere that sells the seed.

Anyone know of a source? I didn't see one in all the entries that google yielded.

TIA!

-frank

Reply to
Frank Miles

I've found chocolate mint, smells just like the mint thin girlscout cookies... :-)

Unfortunately, I've _never_ been able to get it to live very long.

I've tried 4 different habitats too. :-(

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

companies have a large selection of mints, and you might email them for more information.

And, to avoid confusion, you aren't talking about Anise-hyssop (_Agastache foeniculum_) are you? It's also known as Korean mint, licorice mint, or anise mint. Here are some pictures of it.

that's what you're looking for, google anise hyssop or Agastache, and you'll find lots of sources.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Wow! Thanks for the pointers. What selections!

is what we were growing. It looks interesting regardless -- think I'll try it. The picture is far too small to be sure. Our plant wasn't nearly 3' tall (half that at most), but we were growing it in a relatively dry location.

Thanks, Penelope!

-frank

Reply to
Frank Miles