scattering seeds to the wind

Near the rock pile is some very damp ground. What are the odds if I just scatter seed on the damp ground that some of it will take root? Have you ever done this?

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (A) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3251.bay.webtv.net:

Chances are pretty good some would take root and grow. You'll have better results if you rake them in, though. The birds will eat some, the sun will bake some, and a few will grow.

Most plants are determined things, and will at least start growing under less than ideal conditions.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Problem with scattering seeds (if you use lots of species) is, you don't know which are weeds and which are planted.

Which is why it makes sense to grow things in rows: anything sprouts in a line is planted, all the rest are weeds.

(Been there, done that, got the T.)

Henriette

Reply to
Henriette Kress

Depends on the "ground", whatever that is, mostly.

Reply to
Dioclese

I think I missed the whole background on this; where and what seeds?

Reply to
Jrdggr

radish cucumber and corn. ground was pretty hard so i dont think anything will come of it. basically wanted an enticement to get my father to move beyond his zone :-) meanwhile, the potted tomatoe plants are going like gangbusters and the potted radish and spinach is sprouting.