Salad stuff

I want to start growing my own salad stuff, and perhaps a few veggies, in one of those plastic small sort of small greenhouse. Is it too late in the year. I have never grown this sort of thing before except for tomatoes. how do I start with lettuce and mustard cress

Reply to
Barbara Brown

How hot is it where you are?

Some stuff here on hot weather greens:

Unless it is very cold where you are, the warmer temps in the greenhouse will work against you.

I have some Swiss Chard and Kale (a rescue from KMart) growing in 7b. Probably too late for them, but the Kale is doing well and the Swiss Chard is OK. It'll be in the 90's tomorrow, so I'll see.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Without knowing where you are and what your climate is like it is impossible to say.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I would say UK. Why would a person from gardenbanter.co.uk ask a q here?

Reply to
PtePike

I suspect this may yet another thread where the OP never makes a reappearance.

Those of us smart enough simply never take the bait, not that I'm that smart!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Well, I figure it's because he doesn't know he's doing so and/or he might be a bit of a dufus. What do you think?

Reply to
balvenieman

Because gardenbanter.co.uk is a USENET interface and would be nothing without here. Of course you could know that and be joking, in which case ....heh heh.

Reply to
phorbin

Well, I have the whole of gardenbanter (AWA googlegroups and the aptly-named eternal-september blocked) due to lack of interest but I have not yet learned to ignore new threads that start with followups!

Reply to
balvenieman

Quite possibly but there is still a wide range of conditions there.

Because gardenbanter links into usenet and presents posts through its own interface. Gandenbanter posters often don't know that their stuff is going international.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

(snip)

Well why not? I know we all get irritated with Gardenbanter posts, but then they are no more irritating than any other newsgroup posters. One of my pet peeves are those posters who live in the US who say they live in Zone X and thus assume that tells others all they need to know.

We're all victims of our own cultures/assumptions and that applies to Netland as well as our normal lives. I'm trying to be nice to my pet peeve. I feed and groom it regularly but sometimes I really am very tempted to just kick the fertiliser out of it and send it to a peeve shelter where someone else witll take the responsibility for either rehousing it or putting it to sleep.

Reply to
FarmI

ROFL ;O)

Reply to