Re: Yellowing and Slow Growing Pepper Plants

(>Down below Pat K. Wrote) Is the sawdust mixed into >the soil? (Uh-oh)

> If it's a mulch, I'd pull as >> much as I could off right now. > > Yes - I did mix a lot of sawdust into the soil.

Ut, oh. Bloodmeal (or more poopy) is your friend.

Pat hit it on the head ... you have a recipe for N shortage going there. Two thoughts come to mind.

1) the bloodmeal or additional source of N is a "quick fix" for this year 2) the N consumed by the sawdust this year will be (mostly) available next year at which point your soil structure will also have been given a boost.

Bill

Reply to
Noydb

Texas Tomatoes

I don't know where you are reading the newsgroup, but some of the messages you are responding to are over 2 years old.

Reply to
The Cook

Ahhh.. that explains why they weren't threading properly; the originals are, of course, long gone.

Gary Woods