No tomatoes

You were too generous with the nitrogen fertiliser?

I believe you can use Sulphate of Potash to encourage flowering in many crops, so why not try it for tomatoes. I think you disolve it in water and water it in, but follow the directions on the pack.

Reply to
John Savage

I, um, didn't use any fertilizer. :o( Every year I rototill (OK, I don't, but my gentleman friend does - the damn thing would fling me to the ground) several bags of commercial top soil into the bed. When I first started this gardening stuff (4 years ago) I put in some sand and gypsum (really heavy clay soil).

I'll look into that. I probably ought to start a new thread on this next question and I'm sure it's been gone over time and again in this NG, but I'm new here so haven't seen it. Why do my tomatoes *always* split on top? Heat? Too much or too little water? Sue

Reply to
Sue

Otherwise known as catfacing, uneven water, too little then too much.

John!

Sue wrote:

Reply to
GA Pinhead