Midwest Rains and Garden Disaster

We just finished a large family BBQ thing and grandson and I took stroll through the garden.

We discovered disaster. Last week I planted our first asparagus bed. One of last night's toad-drownders, the three-inch-in-two-hour one, broke thru a temporary diversion, off the downspout, and took out one whole row. About a dozen crowns washed in a pile and a deep trench remaining.....grrr. Spears were showing and all. It's gonna be a week or better before it even thinks about being dry enough to get it back in place. Callin' for rain for the next five days.

I am planning to put the crowns in the 'fridge and try and hold them there? Are there any better ideas or anyone had this happen?

Thanks

Charlie, Mad as a Wet Hen, now up to five inches of rain in the last twenty four hours.

Reply to
Charlie

Sorry to hear that, hope it's not a total loss. I totally understand about weather issues, trust me. Though I do wanna say, I have chickens, and I've tried to see if I get a hen mad by getting it with the hose, and it never worked. They just ran away from the water. So I ended up being the one mad finding out it was all a myth ;-)

Reply to
Lilah Morgan