Made Poppers tonight

Took about 12 of my Jalapeños and stuffed them with cream cheese and dipped them in an egg mix then in flower and fried them in some oil. Those suckers were good. I have 4 different kinds of Jalapeños some of them are hot, still good but hot. Next time I am going to rap them in bacon. I cant wait until the tomatoes start to ripen.

Reply to
Aluckyguess

Poppers are a treat around here too. believe it or not, my 2yr old even loves them! And of course, the hotter, the better! lol

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

It's amazing how you can take a perfectly healthy food, like jalapenos and turn them into widow-makers.

-Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose

Sometimes ya just gotta!

They are good cheddar stuffed too, but the cream cheese helps take the heat down some.

We don't deep fry them here tho', They get cheese stuff, bacon wrapped and GRILLED over mesquite. Pepper Jack is a good stuffing.

aka "Armadillo eggs".

The lack of breading turns them into an Atkins diet item. ;-)

Reply to
Omelet

we prefer them with the cheddar cheese filling too. i hadn't thought to try them with pepper jack - good idea!

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

Got that idea from a friend that regularly serves them at BBQ's.

I want to try them with Cheddar/Jack one of these days.

Reply to
Omelet

Heh heh. Last week I saw one of the Left Coast cooks on Foodtv grilling ........lettuce! Yeppers.....slit a head of romaine and grill it. Mmmmmmm.....healthy.

BTW.....You a chess player? I played years ago, and am just trying it again. SOunds like a good garden thing to do.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Just enough to embarrass myself.

I like some roasted and grilled veggies (mostly roots) but I started drawing the line at grilled cantaloupe. Grilled romaine sounds over the top. I want the vitamine C that is destroyed by cooking and, I already gobble enough pills. But hey, I'm not the food police. There is no advance without experimentation.

Pawn to King 3.

Billy Rose

Wow that is impressive. My daughter likes hot peppers but she's 13

Reply to
Aluckyguess

Low cholesterol oil. LOL

I do have a problem I like stuff fried. Maybe I will try to barbecue them next time.

Reply to
Aluckyguess

Yep....know the feeling.

Catch ya' later...Mate. Charlie